The Administrative and Membership Management Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties and support office activities for executive management and staff of the Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA). Oversee all aspects of general office coordination including membership.
General Office Administration and Executive Support
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, this includes managing meeting agenda, scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating all aspects of travel arrangements, expense reports, written communication and coordinating staff meetings.
- Provides office administrative support in a variety of capacities including filing, printing, telephone support, copier projects, mail processing, purchase orders, expenses, travel authorizations, invoices and supplies control.
- Assists staff with coordinating organization’s meetings including logistics and presentation material.
- Monitors inventory, manages ordering, and tracking financial information for invoices and purchase orders related to office supplies.
- Prepares and handles incoming/outgoing correspondence.
- Assist with overall maintenance of the organization and its offices.
- Assist in arranging for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Interact, Receive and direct visitors.
- May also train and supervise volunteers and other support personnel such as interns.
- Maintain records for office space, company credit card and office keys.
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Handle Follow up calls.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director, Director of Operations & staff.
- Responsible for handling checks received.
- Responsible for Bank deposits.
- Prepares Executive Director’s expense reports.
- Responsible for LCLAA’s Membership Database management.
- Issues membership cards to LCLAA members.
- Issues letters and acknowledgments to members.
- Handle information requests from LCLAA members and chapters.
- Maintains members contacts for communications database.
- Assists in some aspects of the logistical work.
- Coordinates Conference and Events Registration.
- Handles Event registration database.
- Supports Staff during Events.
- Assists in promoting LCLAA events.
- Assist in coordinating event communications for LCLAA members and allies.
- Provides on-site assistance for meetings and conferences as needed.
Please send cover letter and current resume to:
Starting Date: Immediately
The Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA) is the leading national organization for Latino(a) workers and their families. LCLAA was born in 1972 out of the need to educate, organize and mobilize Latinos in the labor movement and has expanded its influence to organize Latinos in an effort to impact workers' rights and their influence in the political process. LCLAA represents the interest of more than 2 million Latino workers in the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), The Change to Win Federation, Independent Unions and all its membership.
LCLAA is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information on our organization at: www.lclaa.org