Location: Washington D.C
Accountability: Reports to the Executive Director
Position overview: The Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA) is searching for a Chapter Development and Field Coordinator to assist in the development and support of LCLAA’s chapters. The Chapter Development and Field Coordinator primary focus will be to increase LCLAA’s membership nationwide, help coordinate chapter work around a national platform, help engage and mobilize our chapters and members around both local and national issues of importance to labor and the Latino community. The Chapter Development and Field Coordinator will be responsible for the field implementation of LCLAA’s program in coordination with local chapters, community organizations, and local unions. The Chapter Development and Field Coordinator will provide membership support, interact with LCLAA members, and chapters for the collection of member dues, process applications, enter data, and other clerical duties as assigned.
To assist LCLAA chapters with strategic analysis, planning and technical support in such areas as chapter growth, member recruitment and implementation of programs.
To provide support in chapter visibility areas using online tools like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
To work with LCLAA chapters, LCLAA Officers and Executive Board and National Office in the implementation of programs including: assisting chapters in building community coalitions to support local organizing campaigns.
To work with LCLAA chapters in the implementation of LCLAA national programs such as Civic Engagement Campaigns, Trabajadoras, Immigration etc.
Responsible for the assessment and analysis of chapter programs, conditions and activities to inform planning and work plans.
Membership growth of chapters and National LCLAA.
Facilitate two-way communication between National LCLAA and local chapters.
Spread “Best Practices” and ideas that work for all chapters.
Coordinate the work of National LCLAA with chapters and vice versa.
Assist LCLAA chapters to develop their own programs and ensure growth, including the following important components:
- Leadership Development
- Membership Growth
- Relations with Unions and Labor Councils
- Relations with Community Groups and Coalitions
- Chapter Fundraising Goals and Methods
- Areas and Issues of Activism
- Chapter strategic planning
- Provide Chapter guidance including accountability meetings
- Responsible for LCLAA’s membership database management.
- Ensure member data and high quality communications is managed to best support LCLAA chapters.
- Issues membership cards and acknowledgments to LCLAA members.
- Deliver effective member recruitment, engagement and retention.
- Handle information requests from LCLAA members and chapters.
- Maintains member’s contacts for communications database.
- Prepares membership reports for LCLAA’s National Executive board and chapter leaders.
- Any other task relevant to these duties or the mission of the organization assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of three years of related professional experience.
- Must have strong union experience and commitment to the labor movement.
- Organizing and organization building experience.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Must demonstrate commitment to and understanding of issues affecting Latino working families.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills. Bilingual Spanish communication skills a plus.
- Computer Literate and knowledge of databases.
- Public Speaking.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform within deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with others.
- Must be able to develop work plan and perform in a team environment.
Candidate must be willing to travel as needed: this is a field position, includes extensive travel to different areas to assist Chapters.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience. Employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance; annual vacation, paid federal holidays, 403B plan offered.
About LCLAA: The Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA) is the leading national organization for Latino(a) workers and their families. LCLAA was born in 1972 out of the need to educate, organize and mobilize Latinos in the labor movement and has expanded its influence to organize Latinos in an effort to impact workers' rights and their influence in the political process. LCLAA represents the interest of more than 2 million Latino workers in both the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), The Change to Win Federation and its associate membership.
For more information, please visit www.lclaa.org- No phone calls please.
LCLAA is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information on our organization at: www.lclaa.org