Internship: Policy and Advocacy Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
LCLAA’s Internship Program is project-oriented and will expose you to administrative, communications, research, and legislative advocacy work in our daily operations. Through this internship, you will have the opportunity to develop leadership skills like political organizing, writing and public speaking, event planning and team management.
Internship assignments vary in focus and design to provide maximum learning and exposure for the intern.
Internship projects may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct policy research on LCLAA legislative issues.
- Assist the national staff and chapters with LCLAA organizing and political campaigns
- Assist in the development of training and education materials
- Attend meetings, congressional hearings and relevant events that discuss policies relevant to Latino working families
- Contribute to our online advocacy and messaging campaigns through research and creating social media content
- Keep abreast of national and local news that impact Latino working families (ie: work, health care, education, immigration, etc).
- Assist with the translation of news and documents from English to Spanish and vice versa.
- Compile relevant news and research to serve as a resource in the drafting of press statements.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive media list to media contacts in predominantly Hispanic regions of the country.
- Mange LCLAA’s social media accounts
- Help develop website material for specific campaigns
- Assist with event planning and logistics
- Basic Computer skills, Knowledge of Microsoft office (MS Word, Excell, Powerpoint, Publisher etc).
- Bilingual applicants in both Spanish and English are preferred although exceptions may be made for exceptional candidates.
- Experience or familiarity with labor unions and non-profit work is a big plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- We look for respectful individuals that follow directions, demonstrate creativity, excellent work ethic, flexibility and initiative.
- Knowledge of HTML language, Canva, and Adobe illustrator are desirable but not required.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to
Karla Pineda at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “LCLAA Internship Program.”